Hertz Parking Violation Fee Settlement
- Online claim form filing process is available
- FAQ list is available for those with questions
- Administrator contact information provided
Let’s face it, nobody likes being charged a fee no matter what the reasoning is behind it. When it’s suspected the fee should never have been charged in the first place, simple dislike can quickly escalate into pure unbridled OUTRAGE. This type of feeling may have been what led to the filing of the class action lawsuit called Pauley v. Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. The suit was filed over allegations by the Plaintiffs that the Defendant (Hertz) violated its rental agreements by charging customers an administrative or handling fee for parking tickets that were paid on or before the due date. The Defendant, on the other hand, outright denies these claims and maintains it did nothing wrong. At this point it appears the dispute will not be resolved by trial as both sides have come to a pending settlement agreement in order to avoid the costs and uncertainty associated with further litigation. Those who believe they are due compensation can begin an online claim form by going to the Hertz Parking Violation Fee Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
More on the Hertz Parking Violation Fee Settlement
- Fees in question must have been billed between April 1st, 2008 and April 30th, 2017
- November 1st, 2017 is the deadline by which exclusions and objections must be filed
- A hearing to decide whether to approve the settlement is set on November 16th, 2017
- Deadline by which all claims must be filed (or post-marked by) is November 30th, 2017
Those who can provided documentation of the claim (cancelled check, bank statement, credit card receipt, credit card statement, etc.) that shows the amount due for the parking ticket was paid on time will receive a $20 payment. Class Members who submit claims that are determined to be valid but CANNOT provide documentation will receive a payment of $10. Those who have questions may want to browse the FAQ list posted at the Hertz Parking Violation Fee Settlement page. The Settlement Administrator can be contacted for help by those who can’t find what they need in the FAQs (or by those who just don’t feel like reading them).