- Register for this popular prescription discount program from AARP
- The AARP Pharmacy program is FREE with a AARP membership (no need to fill out a bothersome claim form)
- The site is administered by AARP in association with Catamaran – Member Services at 1-877-4AARP18 (1-877-422-7718) or TTY 1-888-206-8041
Please note that program ONLY provides discounts on FDA- approved drugs that are not covered by a Medicare prescription drug plan and the program is intended for AARP members only (to include their spouses and children they have under the age of 27 thanks to Obama Care). AARP is working with Catamaran (one of the industry’s fastest-growing pharmacy benefits manager) to provide these benefits to old people. Catamaran is based in Lisle, Ill and has locations in just about every state.
AARP Pharmacy prescription discount program discounts
- Associated with over 6o,000 US pharmacies
- Simply present the Prescription Discounts ID card at the time of purchase at the pharmacy
- ID cards can be printed online (color printer not needed) once the member has registered
- AARP Pharmacy account access allows a member to obtain personal prescription discount information, compare prescription costs at participating pharmacies, locate participating pharmacies, view prescription history and search for drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- If the drug is NOT approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration aka FDA then it will not be available
- Some generic medication may be available for a cheaper cost but will essentially treat the same disability/sickness
- Generic drugs have the same amounts of the same active ingredients as the brand name or it will not be accepted by the FDA
- Most member will save between 10% to 38% on all FDA-approved medications
Catamaran offers a Home Delivery service to members who qualify. Members can sign up for the home delivery by mail or by phone by calling (1-877-422-7718). The AARP Pharmacy service is available for most smartphones via app.